Up to 24-month Warranty
Last updated: 31th May 2021
The warranty period starts from the invoice date, and hence includes the shipping and return shipping time as well as the repair duration.
For more details, please refer to the following terms and conditions of our warranty policy below.
TechInTheBasket offers up to 24-month standard warranty on its products,
providing customers with the confidence and peace-of-mind when shopping on our website.
For Mobile phones, Cameras, Tablet, Lens, Lens Filters,Audio Equipment, Smart Watches, Memory Cards, Computer Accessories,
External Storage, we offer 24-month warranty.
For Action Cameras and Drone, we offer 12-month warranty.
Extended Warranty Terms and conditions
Extra 12 months with the same coverage of standard warrany. For more details, please refer to >Extended Warranty<.
Upon receiving your payment, we will provide you with cover for your purchase(s) as stated in this warranty.
The TechInTheBasket standard warranty, once paid for,
warrants the product to operate according to manufacturer's specifications for the period as stated above from the date of invoice.
For all products,
we will provide you with the respective warranty through our own company and restore the product back to manufacturer operational standard.
To make a claim
Please fill in our Warranty Form and attach it to us by email. Preferably,
it is advisable for you to include photos and/or videos to help us keep record of the problem.
We will attempt to resolve the situation at our best. If we are, by any chance,
unable to repair after the assessment made by our repair centre, we will let you know and contact you.
To make a warranty return
First, it is important for you to pack the product back to the same condition that you received it and do not tape the retail box.
Then, print out the warranty form and attach it inside or outside of the box so that we can identify it.
Please make sure that you notify us with the proof of shipment and the warranty form by email.
Upon receiving your returned item, we will confirm the receipt of it. We will also send you a second confirmation.
Once the product (s) is returned to TechInTheBasket, we will take good care of your product(s) while it is in our possession.
However, whilst every effort will be made to return your product (any film, tape, or other recordable media or accessories),
TechInTheBasket cannot accept any liability,
nor pay any compensation for the loss of a particular item. You should not retain any accessories not required for the repair procedure.
We may choose to replace your product if the cost of repair is not economical or the manufacturer no longer produces the parts.
In such a case, we will replace it with a similar product of the same or greater value.
The value is determined by what the value is at the time of replacement.
You will be responsible for the cost of sending the product to us.
Under no circumstances will we compensate the cost of sending the product(s) back to us.
You will also be responsible for the cost of inspections, diagnoses, repair if the fault of the product (s) is not covered by this warranty.
An additional charge of 20% may occur if the returned item is not in the original condition.
The warranty is not transferable to a third party.
TechInTheBasket’s only obligation under this warranty is the provision of the service as set out above.
Consumable products, such as batteries and films are not covered by the warranty.
Products that are not electronic items or do not consume electricity (e.g. Bags, Lens Hoods, and etc.) are also not covered.
For all mobile phones, in the event that the original package does not contain a charger that fits in your country,
a high-quality converter is supplied.
Any cost of carrier related issues (e.g. SIM Card, availability, coverage, service, range etc.)
of mobile phones and tablets will not be covered by TechInTheBasket.
Any issues caused by the firmware or software, modification to operating system, rooted or jailbroken
to the phones or tablets will not be covered by TechInTheBasket’s warranty policy.
What is NOT covered
- Wear and tear
- Damage caused by impact, shock, fall, sand, dust, dirt, dampness, leaking batteries, fire,
theft, attempted theft, vandalism, acts of war or terrorism, corrosion, water contamination or frost, flooding winds,
earthquakes, lightning or other adverse weather conditions
- Any accidental or malicious damage
- Any damage due to exposure to moisture, dampness or extreme thermal environment conditions
- Improper usage, storage or handling of the product
- Any damage due to operating with incorrect or irregular voltage supply
- Any breach of the terms and conditions of this warranty or the contract terms
- Failure to follow our written instructions for the product, or those of the manufacturer’s
- Damage or defect due to wilful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
- Loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or
other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by the manufacturer
- Modification to the product and/or software, by someone other than our representatives
- The product serial has been removed or made illegible
- Connection of other fittings, accessories, equipment or software to the product which were not approved by us
- External causes out of our control which may include accidents, fire disasters or burglaries
- Repair or cleaning by unauthorised personnel
- Any malfunctions or specific requirements of any other item of hardware or software
which you added to the product that was not included in the contract
- Correction of errors for any non-TechInTheBasket or original manufacturer proprietary software
- Loss or damage of data
- Attaching the product to a network not approved by us, or if you have made changes to your operating or network system
- Not installing any error correction that is issued for the software
- Use of which is not designed
- Damaged Display on Screen (LCD) due to improper usage
- Non-Manufacturer defect on Lenses
- Liquid damage
- Damage due to improper packing during shipment to service centre or service agent
Special Note for Action Cameras/ Casings / Bags/ Mobiles Phones
Any damage due to impact, exceeding recommended depths, etc. would void the warranty.
Please be advised that the warranty offered by us is strictly for the purchased item only.
TechInTheBasket will not be held liable for any defects or damage on any other item(s) used in conjunction with this product.
Special Note for Remote Control Toys
The warranty does not cover defects or damage resulting from below:
- Crash or burning caused by non-manufacturing factors.
- Damage caused by operating the unit in electromagnetic interference environment
(i.e. mining area, radio transmitting tower, high-voltage wire, etc.)
- Damage caused by operating the unit in a known environment with interference with the wireless devices
(i.e. transmitter, video-link, Wi-Fi signals, etc.)
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a weight greater than safe take-off weight
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a low charged or defective battery.
TechInTheBasket will also not be held liable for any defects or damage on any other item(s) used in conjunction with this product.